RE: (Fwd) Oracle vs. SQL Server on Windows 2000

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 06:58:25 -0800

> However, our results do provide evidence that this all-Microsoft
> software stack can produce excellent performance, peaking at just
> under 870 pages per second (see charts, images 3 and 4 in slideshow).

I don't know if that means .net shows promise, the Microsoft web servers probably aren't too concerned with java performance.

Microsoft already announced they will drop java as soon as they are legally allowed to.

Microsoft seems to be going it's own way, One Microsoft Way.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Author: Boivin, Patrice J