Re: Re: Free buffer requested

From: chaos <chaospku_at_163.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:58:21 -0800

Igor Neyman£¬ÄúºÃ£¡

     I would like to have some comments:
	I never thought of have a log_buffer 200M, a shared pool size 1G!Totally confused!
	Log_buffer too big is totallly useless. And 1G of shared pool is hard to image.100m should be enough for most database if the application is well written.
	As for the redo logs, place different groups in the same disk is ok (if have multiple member, place members into different disks ). What i suggest is : can you do this operation with nologging ? Or can you move your log file from fs to raw?
	Maybe this helps most

Good luck!

            chaos
            chaospku_at_163.net