swizzle?

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:23:28 -0800

I'm RTFM the 9i R2 docs & I just read the following...

ALTER_TABLE_REFERENCEABLE Procedure
This procedure reorganizes object tables and swizzles references. For example, assume you have an object table FOO and that references in other tables point to objects stored in FOO. If you want to change some of the table organization--for example, you want to make it an IOT or a partitioned table, or you want to reorganize the data more efficiently--you copy all data from FOO into FOO2. Then you use the alter_table_referenceable and alter_table_not_referenceable procedures to swizzle all existing references to point to FOO2 instead of FOO.

I'd like to know the definition of "swizzle", 'cuz I just don't grok it used in this context.

--

Charlie Mengler                              Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com                             10641 Scripps Summit Ct.

Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 10:23:28 CDT