RE: RE: Online vs offline backups

From: Taylor, Shirley <TaylorSI_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:28:23 -0800

I disagree. Always backup the online redo logs when doing a cold backup. Rama Valpuri's book Oracle Backup and Recovery chapter 3 on physical backups says "...use the os backup utility to copy all the onine redo log files, databases files and control files."

Author: chal_ping
  INET: chaospku_at_163.net

Author: Taylor, Shirley
  INET: TaylorSI_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca