two different 9i install problems!

From: Magaliff, Bill <Bill.Magaliff_at_lendware.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 06:43:35 -0800

Installing 9i (9.2.0.1.0) for the first time on a Win2K server and on my Win2K pro client

SERVER ISSUE:
standard install- enterprise edition - standard starter datababse - software appears to install and then config tools launch net config assistant complets
dbca has now been running for about 18 hours - says "in progress" and an empty sqlplus command window is also open I see all the datafiles got created, and task manager shows varying CPU utilization between 20 and 50%, most of which is the System Idle process and my pcAnywhere connection . . appears hung!

CLIENT ISSUE
installing client only into a separate Oracle Home (already have an 8.1.7 client on my box).
install appears to complete, but near the end I get a Windows File Protection box that says:
Files that are required to run windows have been replace by unrecognized versions. To maintain
system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Then get prompted to insert my original Windows CD

any and all help appreciated

thanks

bill

Author: Magaliff, Bill
  INET: Bill.Magaliff_at_lendware.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jun 14 2002 - 09:43:35 CDT