Re: Wait event problems

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:53:22 -0800

This is never an "idle" event. The phrase "more data from client" indicates that the individual SQL operation is larger than a single SQL*Net packet. No big deal; it happens all the time, and SQL*Net handles it with "continuation packets". Only issue is that the client is taking a lot of time between each packet sent. Jack's conclusion that the client process (in the "client-server" database connection) is not providing data in a "timely fashion" is exactly correct. You most likely have a slow client process...

Oracle documentation frequently tries to encourage mucking about with SDU/TDU parameters in SQL*Net configuration files, but I've rarely seen this be more effective than tuning the client process... :-)

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com