Re: partial restore of a database

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:39:27 -0800

I've fallen way behind on email, so my apologies if someone else has already answered...

You probably want to drop the other datafiles first and then recover next, but otherwise you are very much right on track...

I have a korn-shell script on my website called "clonedb.sh" which is intended to automate this kind of operation (as much as it can be automated); it's at http://www.EvDBT.com/tools.htm, near the bottom of the page. Don't forget the "clonedb_arch.sql" script that goes along with it. Feel free to use them as documentation, if you like, but they worked for Oracle8i (i.e. uses "sqlplus -s internal" which would not work for Oracle9i)...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com