Database restore question

From: Gurelei <gurelei_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:48:36 -0800

Hi.

I have posted a question yesterday regarding a partial database restore.This is sort of a fallout of that restore. Because I was only interested in restoring two tables which are very stable I decided not to restore a rollback tablespace. But when my restore was completed and the databse opened I was unable to see the tables bacase Oracle was trying to read data from the rollback TS and that TS was not available. I'm 100% sure that the tables were not being changed during the backup. Why would Oracle need the rollback segments in this case. We are running 8.1.7.0

thanks for any input

Gene

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Author: Gurelei
  INET: gurelei_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 13 2002 - 10:48:36 CDT