Re: AW: off topic: anyone form Amsterdam, Holland / other major e

From: Alexandre Gorbatchev <alexandre.gorbatchev_at_avermann.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 01:13:21 -0800

Here is the story about waiting for a train :)

The first day in Germany was very disappointing. I came from DC with about 80F-90F to rainy Dusseldorf (through rainy Paris) with about 15C. All my baggage was lost somewhere (because that was one of the first flights to Europe after September 11) and I was basically freezed. I got the ticket to the train with one stop, where I should have switched to another one. However, on that station all the trains just disappeared for half an hour. It got very crowded. The voice out of loudspeakers was beyond any normal speach for me. Dispatcher (speaking no english) on the platform said me 5 times that I should have wait there for that train because it came later (2,5 hours!?). Finally, I investigate that train was canceled. Hha?

Anyway beer was good that evening... and still good. It's a pitty I don't have Corona here. :)

Regards,

--
Alexandre