SQLPlusw shows blank screen

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:58:18 -0800

Hi,

I am running sqlplusw 81714 under NT4 SP6a. Today I have noticed that on 1 of our servers sqlplusw is showing a blank screen. That is, I can log into a database (and see the login on another computer via v$session) but no visible output is on the screen.

It's like sqlplusw is writing in white font on a white background. Though the cursor is present as its normal flashing black bar.

I can run scripts and the cursor scrolls down the screen, but no output is visible. It happens regardless of which database I connect to and only from that 1 server. I've tried logging off and back on, altering screen size, colours & refresh rate and none have had any effect.

There's no login.sql on that server (not that I know of a sqlplus parameter that could cause this anyway).

Sqlplus from a CMD prompt works ok as do other Windows programs (eg notepad is ok).

Any suggestions on what to try?

        As it is a server I haven't tried rebooting but I will try that if no other ideas come through.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce Reardon
mailto:bruce.reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 00:58:18 CDT