RE: Analyze running twice as long after upgrade to 8.1.7.2

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 04:28:22 -0800

Paula,

Yes, it is a partitioned table.

I am planning on switching over to analyzing it in parallel but first the application owners want to know WHY it's taking twice as long to analyze since the upgrade to 8.1.7.2. What is different about ANALYZE that would cause it to run so much longer.

I'm not sure if I can come up with an answer but I am going to try and give it a shot.

Thanks for your reply,

Cherie

                    Paula_Stankus_at_doh.s
                    tate.fl.us                To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    root_at_fatcity.com          Subject:     RE: Analyze running twice as long after upgrade to 8.1.7.2

                    06/10/02 05:16 PM
                    Please respond to
                    ORACLE-L

I suggest running in parallel. Also, is the table partitioned?