Re: Off Topic, slightly - Crystal Reports internal format

From: Jeff Herrick <jherrick_at_host.ott.igs.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:03:28 -0800

Jared

  1. for the dbname...why not just change the SID in TNSNAMES that the ODBC DSN is using to point to the snap-shotted(?) instance
  2. I think private synonyms would be the way to go for the table naming problem. Why did they not just use the same names on the snapshot site....been there done that, got the T-shirt

HTH...or maybe I didn't understand your requirement =8-)

Jeff Herrick
Jeff Herrick & Associates

Author: Jeff Herrick
  INET: jherrick_at_host.ott.igs.net