RE: grant access to another user's objects?

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:33:59 -0800

If you are not up to 9i R2, you can always resort to the brute force method that we always had to use.

As part of our initial DB Creates for a new project at a previous job, I used to log have to log on as the object owner and perform grants to our DBA's with the Grant option. We used to do this before any application was allowed out to public. This way we could do the grants from any of our DBA's accounts. (Of course, this sucks when you have to change the grants if your DBAs change, since you can't do the Grant Option to a role) It was a pain, but we had it down to an automated script that was used to build a script that did the grants.... made it as painless as possible.

Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com