RE: Wrong Results Bug in Oracle 8.1.7.1

From: Fink, Dan <Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:03:36 -0800

I recall a similar situation with Oracle 7.3 and parallel index creations where the row source and output would get reversed. Index scans would return now rows (The developer called with 'I just created and index and now the data is all gone'). If a FTS works, but not the index, that tells me that the contents of the index are toast. If a rebuild does not work, sounds like a bug...

Daniel W. Fink
Sr. Oracle DBA
MICROMEDEX
303.486.6456