RE: RE: Can we find SQL user

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 00:53:19 -0800

Sam,

   It looks like you have read Bruce's answer a little too fast. You might also like to RTFM the SQL Reference book, section 'functions', entry SYS_CONTEXT - although if you also want the SQL text, as Mladen said you must any way join V$SESSION and V$SQLAREA - or V$SQLTEXT if your statements are more than 999 characters long. Concerning Bruce's question about an application server, quite obviously if you have a tier sitting in the middle you are done - unless, that is, you use that wonderful package, DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO, to fill up (typically) CLIENT_INFO in which case you are back to SYS_CONTEXT/V$SESSION.

Author: Stephane Faroul
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com