Re: Mysterious Deadlock

From: Walter K <ORA1034_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 13:07:28 -0800

I checked out ixora a few weeks ago when this problem surfaced and saw the article you are probably referring to but that was a library cache lock and doesn't look to be the same as what I'm experiencing.

I sure wish I knew how to read the trace files like Steve Adams can as well as I wish I knew how to use the various events and levels like he does... :(

-w

>I remember having this problem a long time ago and
finding an explanation on
>www.ixora.com.au I don't have time to search my notes
at the moment but if I
>can, I'll do it a bit later.
>
>Henry

L_at_fatcity.com>
>Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 2:48 PM
>

>> http://www.dbdomain.com/a120197.htm
>>
>> it's down near the end of the article, but they
talk about a deadlock
>> with no rows and say it appears to be a problem
with the initrans or
>> pctfree setting on that table
>>

>> --- Walter K <ORA1034_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> > We have an application that is periodically
>> > encountering what appears to be a self-deadlock.
Only
>> > one session is listed and it holds an exclusive
(X)
>> > lock and is waiting for a share (S) lock with NO
ROWS
>> > waited. I have pasted the deadlock graph at the
bottom-
>> > -hopefully it will be legible.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know how such a lock could be
produced?
>> > I'd really like to be able to recreate such a
scenario.

>> > Thanks!
>> > -w
>> >
>> > Current SQL statement for this session:
>> > update ACCOUNT set

ACCOUNT_ID=:ACCOUNT_ID,ACCOUNT_NAME=:ACCOUNT_NAME,LAST_

MODIFIED=:LAST_MODIFIED,CUSTOMER_NODE_ID=:CUSTOMER_NODE

_ID,ACCOUNT_TYPE_ID=:ACCOUNT_TYPE_ID,ACCOUNT_BALANCE=:A

CCOUNT_BALANCE,BALANCE_DATE=:BALANCE_DATE,INVOICE_ID=:I

NVOICE_ID,PREVIOUS_INVOICE_ID=:PREVIOUS_INVOICE_ID,CRED

IT_LIMIT=:CREDIT_LIMIT,UNBILLED_AMOUNT=:UNBILLED_AMOUNT

> ,ACCOUNT_ACTION_CODE=:ACCOUNT_ACTION_CODE,ACCOUNT_ACT
IO
>> > N_DATE=:ACCOUNT_ACTION_DATE where
>> > ACCOUNT_ID=:key_ACCOUNT_ID
>> > The following deadlock is not an ORACLE error. It
is a
>> > deadlock due to user error in the design of an
>> > application
>> > or from issuing incorrect ad-hoc SQL. The
following
>> > information may aid in determining the deadlock:
>> > Deadlock graph:
>> > ---------Blocker(s)--------
  ---

http://www.orafaq.com
>> > --
>> > Author: Walter K
>> > INET: ORA1034_at_sbcglobal.net
>> >
>> > Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051
FAX: (858) 538-5051
>> > San Diego, California -- Public Internet
access / Mailing
>> > Lists
an E-Mail message
>> > to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling
of 'ListGuru') and in
>> > the message BODY, include a line containing:
UNSUB ORACLE-L
>> > (or the name of mailing list you want to be
removed from). You may
>> > also send the HELP command for other information
(like subscribing).

Author: Walter K
  INET: ORA1034_at_sbcglobal.net