Re: Archiving in OPS

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:44:19 -0800

If I understand you correctly, you are referring to "RAW" EMC storage as the shared storage array accessible from all nodes in the cluster, while "local" is local storage that is only accessible from the node to which it is directly attached?

If so, then putting the tablespaces on that "local" storage will never work. Likewise, if the rollback tablespaces were also not in "raw" devices; it would never work (unless you are using a clustered file-system such as available on Tru64). In both cases, OPS/RAC would fail to startup...

  Hi,

  You can not setup your archive logs in EMC storage (RAW). Currently I am working on this project. Oracle recommends that the following setup:

            SYSTEM / DATA / INDEX / TEMP / OTHER TBLS / REDOLOGS     -----     RAW (EMC storage)
             ARCHIVE LOGS / ROLLBACK (UNDO)                                         -----     LOCAL (on each instance)

  You can use FAILOVER to move archive location. For example:

       Instance1            Instance2
       PROD1               PROD2
       /d01/arch1           /d02/arch2

  If Instance1 goes down, using FAILOVER method, /d01/arch1 will be automatically mounted on Instance2. Check with your UNIX Administrator about FAILOVER mechanism.

  Muqthar Ahmed
  DBA
Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 06 2002 - 15:44:19 CDT