Re: Establishing policies, standard operating procedures, and

From: Steven Lembark <lembark_at_wrkhors.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:23:30 -0800

>> Can someone please point me to in the right direction?
>>
>> We need to establish policies, standard operating procedures,
>> and responsibilities for our Oracle DBA and Sun Unix Admin.
>>
>> Is there any literature that outline typical practices on how to divide
>> systems and database administration responsibilities?

SAGE has some useful guidelines for these things. Also might want to check the UNIX Sys. Admin. Handbook (Nemeth, et al), 3rd Ed. under "Politics" at the end for good examples.

<http://opamp.com/cf/title.cfm?SRow=1&Title=Unix+System+Administration+Hand book&Author=Nemeth>

                                            +1 800 762 1582
Author: Steven Lembark
  INET: lembark_at_wrkhors.com