Oracle 9iAS Rel.2 requires OID

From: Ben <poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:58:34 -0800

Hi

Just browsing through the documentation for 9iAS 9.0.2 and I am a bit surprised.
It looks as though you have to install the so called Infrastructure
(SingleSignOn,

Oracle Internet Directory and a metadata repository) if you want to use Portal
or Discoverer. If you are just running web apps then you don't need the Infrastructure.
We are using 9iAS R1 for web apps and taking a look at Portal and Discoverer.
But if they require the OID then I doubt we will use them. Oracle appears to be forcing you to become an all-Oracle shop. Why am I surprised?

Ben

Author: Ben
  INET: poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca