Re: Upgrade Question

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_qwest.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:23:22 -0800

There isn't a separate orainventory for each ORACLE_HOME. A single orainst.loc file defines where orainventory is located, and the orainventory contains info about what is installed for all versions of Oracle on the system (8i and above).

A single oratab file is used by all versions of Oracle to set ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID in the dbshut/dbstart scripts.

In most cases both the oratab and orainventory files are found under /var/opt/oracle.

Author: Suzy Vordos
  INET: lvordos_at_qwest.com