Problem on shadow process

From: Frédéric MAJOR <frederic.major_at_sydel.fr>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:08:28 -0800

Hi,

OS : AIX 4.3.3.0
RDBMS : 8.0.6.2.0 We have a Unix daemon write in Pro*C that wake up every X minutes (I think it's about 1)
to look at one table on an AS400 via dblinks and transparent gateway from the AIX server.

Our problem is that the shadow process constantly increase his consomation of memory
when we look at via the "ps" command at the os level. Our only solution is to stop/start the daemon when it has reached a certain level
of memory and before the server could not do anything :-).

Anyone has an idea ? Could you resfresh my memory of what is in the memory of a shadow process ?
Has we have others choice for isolating the problem ?

Thanks.

Frédéric Major
DBA, Oracle 8i OCP.

Author: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric_MAJOR?=   INET: frederic.major_at_sydel.fr

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jun 03 2002 - 06:08:28 CDT