RE: Networking problem

From: John Hallas <john.hallas_at_hcresources.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 01:53:21 -0800

Just a couple of thoughts to try and narrow the problem down.

  1. Have you tried a single client to the 8.1.7 database and then to the 9.2 database. If so then is it disconnecting from both or just the 9i one. That would be a test worth trying as you are then focusing on the database rather than a client problem if it only disconnected from the 9i system. From what you are saying I am guessing that is the likely cause anyhow.
  2. Does the 9i system have any sort of profile set up for the accounts that you are connecting to that will disconnect on excess activity (cpu used etc ). I suppose that could be another test - try 2 connections to different accounts (say system and a standard user one) and see if they both fail or just the standard user – again looking like a profile type setting

HTH John

Author: John Hallas
  INET: john.hallas_at_hcresources.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Jun 02 2002 - 04:53:21 CDT