RE: ORA-600

From: Michael P Sale <Michael.Sale_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 06:03:22 -0800

This is an error that occurred while recovering from a rolled back transaction. Not a "database" recovery.

This could be caused by doing a control-c while trying to truncate a large table (Bug 1400739 fixed in 8.1.7.1). Could also be from an undo operation on a leaf key of a bitmap index. You should be able to tell this from the trace file. Either way I would open a TAR with Oracle Support to get a proper diagnosis from the trace files.

Ultimately, it looks like you have some form of rollback segment corruption, likely block corruption in your rollback tablespace. I would strongly suggest that you open a tar with Oracle Support. Check your alert log for related trace files, in particular SMON trace files. In the mean time check out Metalink note 28814.1 regarding dealing with block corruptions just to get an idea of the possible implications (e.g. logical data corruption).

Regards,

Michael Sale
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nalla=20Ravi?=
  INET: vvnrk2001_at_yahoo.co.uk

Author: Michael P Sale
  INET: Michael.Sale_at_oracle.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri May 31 2002 - 09:03:22 CDT