RE: Using DUAL

From: Fink, Dan <Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 15:33:22 -0800

Thanks to all (especially Rachel) for the suggestions. I did a little testing and found:

# of IOs in 9i is 3
Creation of index (with analyze on table and index) made no change to IOs in 9i
Creating a view & synonym on sys.x$dual reduced the IOs to 0...

However, there is an inst_id column in sys.x$dual, which makes me wonder what would happen in an OPS/RAC environment. Unfortunately, I don't have access to that kind of system and can't test it out. Any brave (or foolish) souls out there who have (or are willing to) checked the contents of this object in the OPS/RAC environment?

Daniel W. Fink