Re: Any Equivalent of SAR command in NT/2000

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 14:53:20 -0800

I should have known you were a 'Magic Garden Explained' man.

Wish I had all of mine read.

Jared

Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
05/29/2002 06:48 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Any Equivalent of SAR command in NT/2000

On 2002.05.29 09:08 Michael P Sale wrote:
> There is no direct equivalent of sar on windows via the command line,
> but there is a utility called perfmon that can log much more detail
> regarding CPU than sar can.

How about paging, swapping, disk I/O, and buffer cache hit rate? IS there any good book explaining the internals of NT (Win 2k) in the fashion similar to the one "MAgic Garden Explained" or "Design and Implementation od 4.4 BSD" or Maurice Bach's "System V"? I'm very reluctant to use the system which doesn't publish it's internal structure.
THat is precisely why I'm using Linux at home.

--
Mladen Gogala
Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mgogala_at_adelphia.net