RE: Unisys Unixware vs W2000

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:20:09 -0800

Mike - Why don't you ask the salesrep for comparative benchmarks for Oracle performance on this hardware under both O.S. choices? If your shop has been doing well with NT and doesn't have much Unix experience, then you might actually (gives me the shivers to say this) be happier with W2K. In my experience, a shop does best supporting the O.S. it is most familiar with. I've seen shops keep some pretty nasty old systems going just because they had years of experience with it. And I've seen shops very unhappy with what most people think of as the top-notch systems but they were starting out from ground zero. Also, is that SCO Unixware? What is the support / future direction like for that one?
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Bond Mike A Contr OC-ALC/TILC
  INET: Mike.Bond_at_tinker.af.mil

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 14:20:09 CDT