RE: rman duplicate dbid?

From: Magaliff, Bill <Bill.Magaliff_at_lendware.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:51:16 -0800

found a note on metalink about how to change the dbid by recreating the controlfile (note 174625.1) . . . one of those notes with the lovely disclaimer about how the script is not supported by Oracle support, done at your own risk, don't try this on a production db, etc. . . .

anyway, it worked just fine and I was able to register the second db in the catalog.

why would it give me more flexibility to use a separate catalog for each prod database? (also, we're a dev shop - only db's in use here are for app dev and qa)

any and all thoughts are appreciated

tx

Author: Magaliff, Bill
  INET: Bill.Magaliff_at_lendware.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Magaliff, Bill
  INET: Bill.Magaliff_at_lendware.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 11:51:16 CDT