Re: how to change a foreign key back to a primary key

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:05:48 -0800

First:

Alter table <table_name> drop constraint <primary_key_constraint_name>

then:

alter table <table_name> create constraint <PK_constraint_name> primary key (organization_id, address_id)

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com

  Hi Igor,

  I just wanted to set a concatenated keys for my table. By mistake, I assigned only one primary key instead of two combined together.

  Here is my table structure:

  organization_id (primary key)

  address_id (foreign key) It should have been a primary key as well. I wanted to set this attribute as primary key. How do I do that?

  address_type

  Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it.

  Trang

    Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com> wrote:

    Trang,

    Could you be a little bit more specific about what you are trying to do?

    Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
    ineyman_at_perceptron.com

      Hi,

      I need to change a foreign key back to a primary key in a table. How do I do that. Please help.

      Thanks in advance.

      Trang

      Do You Yahoo!?

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: ineyman_at_perceptron.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 11:05:48 CDT