How to rename database

From: Bob Metelsky <bmetelsky_at_cps92.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:00:19 -0800

Hi All

        I really should know this but at the moment it escapes me...

Say I have a database named test and I want to start referencing it as devel. How would I do that?

I know I can have users alias to a different name in the tnsnames file,

but I really want to make the test name go away on the server

Also Im aware of the dir structure is created from the sid name as well as the initSID.ora and I can live with that but id like to have the listener... Be aware of the new change

How can can I rename the database?

Thanks
bob

Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 29 2002 - 15:00:19 CDT