Re: sqlplus Connect Slow on

From: Danisment Gazi Unal (ubTools) <dunal_at_ubTools.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:58:36 -0800

Hi,

That means you had narrowed down the problem. It's not realted to your network.

Debug your sqlplus command by truss,trace,strace etc. with its child process. If problem occurs after creating Oracle process, debug Oracle process by adb, dbx etc. to see in which function Oracle is sleeping.

If truss etc. returns you are waiting for otrace files(*.dat as I remember), remove them.

regards...

Ray Stell wrote:

> what does uptime or top tell you when connections are
> slow?
>
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:23:30AM -0800, VIVEK_SHARMA wrote:
> >
> > NO MTS used
> >
> > Dedicated Oracle Database Connect processes exist
> >
> > Thanks

Danisment Gazi Unal
http://www.ubTools.com

Author: Danisment Gazi Unal (ubTools)