RE: novice learns a new thing

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 01:23:35 -0800

Ther is Nothing Strange in this.

If you see the Object was owned By hlledw.

You granted the Rights to Both Scott and Test but there was not Object named edw_% in these schemas.

Then u Tries to describe the Object thru hlledw and that worked but when u tried to acces it thru scott it did not work because as mentioned above there was no schema object so u got an error.

Now U wen into scott and created a Synonym for the hlledw object and hen there was a Object named edw% in scott and hence when u again accesed it it redirected the request to the hlledw schema and u got the result.

Hope u got it.

Now my $0.02 Cents I feel u should pick up a good book like Oracle 8i Complete Reference and read it from back to back. Also complement that book with the concepts manual and the books by thomas kyte -- Beginning Oracle Programming and Expert One-On-One Oracle.

HTH Best Regards,
Ganesh R

Tel  : +971 (4)  397 3337  Ext 420
Fax  : +971 (4)  397 6262
HP   : +971 (50) 745 6019
Live to learn... forget... and learn again.

Author: Ganesh Raja
  INET: ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com