Re: Oracle and OpenVMS (was: Rename Column in 9iR2)

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:43:28 -0800

"Gogala, Mladen" wrote:
> > system should be purchased (well, aside from an Altos server
> > running a Z-80,
> > but that worked out well, but again, NO upgrade path), and in
> > the future I'm
> > going to be very careful not to give anybody the idea that
> > I'm offering an
> > opinion unless it is clearly required by my job description.
>
> Good principle which I've learned the hard way.

Unless, that is, you are an external consultant, in which case you invoice and run away.
When I still was a student, back in 1983, one of our teachers told us that, as far as hardware was concerned, there only were IBM and DEC, because you could then be certain that those two would be around in 5 years time, and much less so about the others. At this time, he was right.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole Software