Re: ADMIN: Warning: Your address may have been harvested by a spammer.

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:39:58 -0800

Bruce,

Not to worry. Techdude sent an absurd (and almost illiterate) job posting to the list a few days ago and we've been making fun of it ever since. Hope he lasted on the list long enough to see that...

Thanks for the great work! The ORACLE-L list is a terrific resource!

-Tim

> List members --
>
> A spammer using the addresses techdude27_at_yahoo.com and/or scnyc_at_mail.com
appears to have harvested mailing list addresses of members in this list. If you receive a job-offer-related message from this user, your address can now assumed to be in their database(s).

> I have removed and banned this user from future access to any lists or
information on our servers, however the damage has already been done. If you feel your privacy has been invaded, I would urge you to let this person know of your feelings (assuming you receive a message from them -- I have asked him/her not to send any future messages) by contacting them directly.

> This is a risk with mailing lists. I personally apologize for any
heartache this may have caused any of you.

> By default, the subscriber list for this mailing list is available to the
public. You may choose to conceal your address from prying eyes if you would like. To do so, send an E-mail message to:

> ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (**note spelling of ListGuru**)
>
> In the BODY of your message, put:
>
> SET * CONCEAL
>
> This will change the settings for all of your subscribed addresses to have
them be concealed from anyone who requests the subscriber list.

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com