RE: 8.1.7.4

From: Arun Chakrapani <ArunC_at_1800FLOWERS.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:43:49 -0800

They have royally messed up the library cache, We are applying applying ...... work arounds for this 8.1.7,Each time we call up they come back saying that there is a work around for this. We have very heavy contentions on library cache, the sql which are using bind variables are not getting shared.
We are still seeing lots of latch free waits on library cache,row cache objects and shared pool.
Now that they have released this 8.1.7.4 I am pretty sure they would have messed up something else and we will have to start applying some other work around for this Or like somebody said .5 will be around the corner.

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mgogala_at_adelphia.net

Author: Arun Chakrapani
  INET: ArunC_at_1800FLOWERS.com