RE: ORA_ENCRYPT_LOGIN

From: Richard Huntley <rhuntley_at_mindleaders.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 06:23:27 -0800

Hmm...after trying to verify password being passed as plain text, I went back to
do some research on metalink, and it looks like encryption of passwords is done
by default in 8.1.5 (Net8) and higher. Only confusion now is whether I need to
set ORA_ENCRYPT_LOGIN = TRUE only in sqlnet.ora on the client or also in the

NT registry. Guess I'll go look through the docs on this and I'll send an update
if I find a definitive answer. Thanks for the replies.

Author: Rahul
  INET: rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id

Author: Richard Huntley
  INET: rhuntley_at_mindleaders.com