RE: Installing an app on a French configured server

From: John Dunn <john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 03:28:19 -0800

Stephane

How do we make the character set French?(WE8ISO8859P15) on our test database?
(Oracle 8.1.7 Enterprise Edition running on AIX 4.3.3?).

Is this something that has to be done when installing Oracle, or when creating the database(SID)? If so, how do we specify that we want this character set?

Or can we change an existing installation or database?

Any assistance appreciated

John Dunn

Author: John Dunn
  INET: john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk