RE: How to find current ORACLE_HOME programmatically

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:32:37 -0800

Alex,

As another alternative - can you just define tns_admin at environment level (and / or within the registry under each and every home tree) and then both EMs will (should?) be happy to use the same tnsnames.ora file.

As for current value of oracle_home - one cludge would be to parse the path and see which directory comes first.

The other would be to use the Oracle Home selector (which no longer has a cmd line interface - at least the 817 version doesn't) and use a program which lets you pass keystrokes and try to grab the given home name off that screen.

However the home selector says your primary home is the one that appears first in the path so maybe just parse the path.

Please let the list know if either of these approaches works.

HTH,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 18:32:37 CDT