RE: Oracle 9i and Tables Owned by SYS

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:52:06 -0800

That's probably it. I'll bounce the database this evening and change the parameter. I did try granting select directly on one of the sys tables, and ran the procedure to gather space information on that one table. This time the table was found, but the call to dbms_space.unused_space resulted in insufficient privileges. I believe this is because "analyze any" just like "select any table" no longer includes the SYS schema. I'll know tomorrow if changing the parameter fixes that problem as well.

Ian

Author: MacGregor, Ian A.
  INET: ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com

Author: MacGregor, Ian A.
  INET: ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 14:52:06 CDT