PARALLEL SERVER

From: Seema Singh <oracledbam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:57:33 -0800

Hi
I have one application which is running on Oracle 8.1.6.But most of time CPU idea is very low due to capacity peak.I am looking for either Oracle Parallel server or Oracle9i.Oracle Parallel server would distribute the load but question is.
Is Oracle Parallel server is stable in rel 8.1.7 or rel 9i? We are also thinking to upgrade Oracle9i,What Would be the group View on Oracle9i?
Is is ok to move forward Oracle9i for production database? Any statistics how much %of peoples are using Oracle Parallel server and Oracle 9i right now?
Thanks
-Seema

Author: Seema Singh
  INET: oracledbam_at_hotmail.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 12:57:33 CDT