RE: Oracle web application

From: Jack van Zanen <nlzanen1_at_EY.NL>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 07:08:27 -0800

Hi,

I only needed basic functionality of the OCI calls and implemented that w/o much problems. The problem was that there are a zillion examples of PHP & MySQL but not with OCI on the internet.
If you have some good examples I will gladly have a look at them and file them for possible future use

TIA Jack

                      SIM/HAOUHACH
                      <lhaouhach_at_lth.so        To:       Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      natrach.dz>              cc:       (bcc: Jack van Zanen/nlzanen1/External/MEY/NL)
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  RE: Oracle web application
                      root_at_fatcity.com

                      22-05-2002 15:53
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

Hi,
Excuse my very bad english:-)
can you be more explicit, is what you seek to better understand the utilization of function OCI, because if it is that I can you to send examples on what I have made, that will be able surely to help you. Therefore reply me rapidly:-)

LYNDA HAOUHACH
Ingénieur Systèmes
SONATRACH LTH
Émail: lhaouhach_at_lth.sonatrach.dz

HTML
> > page
> > > to send back to the user. That is basically what you described in
your
> > > email. How that program interfaces to Oracle will depend on what
> > programming
> > > language you choose. Usually your program is executed by a software
> called
> > > "web server" or an "application server". Before you need to worry
> about
> > > Oracle, you need to learn a lot more about Web programming. If by
> "web"
> > you
> > > mean the Internet, then you also need to learn about Web security. If
> your
> > > application is within your company intranet, then this concern isn't
> so
> > > significant.
> > > Suggestions: Find someone in your company that is an experienced Web
> > > programmer, and discuss your situation with them. That will teach you
> > lot
> > > quicker.
> > > Go to http://www.google.com, and type terms like "HTML Tutorial". A
> > > good site I found was http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/tut/. This
> won't
> > > teach you about connecting to a database, but you've got learn the
> basics
> > > before you progress on to advanced topics.
> > > http://www.computerworld.com/departments/technology/quickstudies
> offers
> > > explanations of some of the important concepts so simple even a
> manager
> > can
> > > understand.
> > > If you encounter more specific questions, write back
> > > Dennis Williams
> > > DBA
> > > Lifetouch, Inc.
> > > dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com