Re: ID This Wait stat

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:19:33 -0800

You can ignore them.

See: http://www.ixora.com.au/q+a/waits.htm

"Tom Schruefer" <tschruefer_at_mail.howard.k12.md.us> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
05/21/2002 01:32 PM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        ID This Wait stat

You know I could have all the documentation for Oracle printed on my brain,
buy all the books ever written about the subject, but the primary wait problem that comes up will never be directly addressed.

So, what exactly does 'Slave Wait' mean and what can I do about it?

I am using DBWR Slaves, since it did not seem as though starting additional
DBWR's was appropriate on a Win2000 system.

Here are the Top 5 wait events as per Statpack and my shinny new 'Oracle Performance Tuning 101' book:

Top 5 Wait Events

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                             Wait     %
Total
Event                                               Waits  Time (cs)   Wt
Time
-------------------------------------------- ------------ ------------

--
slave wait                                         66,593    6,793,939
88.85

I have a pretty good idea that 2-5 are for parallel query option, although I
still have to figure out just what they mean.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Schruefer - tschruefer_at_mail.howard.k12.md.us 410-313-6825

Author: Tom Schruefer
  INET: tschruefer_at_mail.howard.k12.md.us

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 18:19:33 CDT