Re: Oracle on (Ssshhh NT)

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 07:38:29 -0800

The question of Oracle and NT came up before. I had some papers (not mine) that I'd downloaded to my hard drive so I posted them where people could find them. This doesn't answer your question exactly and I'm not sure how useful the papers were to other people but they have been useful to me. I emphasize that these are not my work but the work of the authors whose names appear on the
papers. I had three papers that pertain to Oracle and NT. They are at:

This is about Oracle 9 on NT/2000
http://www.msnusers.com/torac/Documents/SQL-Ora/Maximizing%20Productivity%20.doc

This is about Oracle 8 on NT
http://www.msnusers.com/torac/Documents/SQL%2DOra/Oracle8%20on%20NT%2Edoc

This is a pdf about configuration standards for Oracle on NT http://www.msnusers.com/torac/Documents/SQL%2DOra%2FORACLE%5FNT%5FCONFIG.pdf

If you don't have hotmail userids I have also uploaded them to

http://www.geocities.com/tomdaytwo/MaximizingProductivity.htm
http://www.geocities.com/tomdaytwo/Oracle8onNT.htm
http://www.geocities.com/tomdaytwo/ORACLE_NT_CONFIG.pdf

You should be able to find them at one place or the other.

                    Robertson Lee
                    - lerobe             To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
                    <lerobe              <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    @acxiom.co.uk        cc:

> Subject: Oracle on (Ssshhh NT)
Sent by: root 05/21/2002 09:38 AM Please respond to ORACLE-L

All,

Anyone can point me in the direction of some excellent books re. the setup/admin/tuning of Oracle on NT in specific. I could google it but theres nothing better than personal recommendations.

It would appear we have a(nother !!) major client here who requires an Oracle/NT  solution and although the first one was relatively small and easy to set up (purely for reporting), this one could potentially be a lot bigger and will use OLTP and batch type processing, therefore an all singing, all dancing database/setup will be needed.

Regards

Lee

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Author: Thomas Day
  INET: tday6_at_csc.com