Wait Event - Slave

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 18:58:24 -0800

Everything I've read tells me that slave wait events are non-issues, that I shouldn't worry about them. I'm wondering if they may be pointers to some issues I think we are facing. We are using Compaq WildFire boxes with multiple QBB's running Tru64 Unix. These boxes use NUMA architecture and the os has not yet been patched so that NUMA and Oracle will work well together (layman's terms :)

Can anyone tell me if the excessive slave waits (they are always in my top 5 and usually the top one by several orders of magnitude) might be related to this?

TIA for comments.

Stephen Andert

Author: Stephen Andert
  INET: StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 21:58:24 CDT