Re: I/O EVENTS

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 17:48:22 -0800

In short:

Oracle is either using CPU or is waiting on a resource. If oracle is waiting on a resource, it could be an Oracle event (v$system_event/v$session_event), BUT what about waits that are not registered there ..... like
waiting for CPU, waiting for a memory page to be paged in ......

So just looking at v$system_event is dangerous. Looking v$system_event and v$sysstat is much better but still not perfect. The third way is ....... (mail me ;-))

Anjo.

Author: Anjo Kolk
  INET: anjo_at_oraperf.com