RE: TEMP TABLESPACE

From: Sherman, Paul R. <PSherman_at_elcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:05:34 -0800

Hamid,

  1. Do not let TEMP tablespace have autoextend set to on - my .02 is to never have this set to on for any tablespace, but to monitor and expand as necessary. Other DBAs like autoextend, so you may want that for other tablespaces, but not for TEMP.
  2. A nice trick to get TEMP cleared of allocated-but-no-longer-used space is to set the next extent to, say 512MB (from say, 1024MB). This will cause all space but what is being currently used to be wiped out. The set next extent back to 1024 (or whatever it was before).

Thank you,

Paul Sherman
DBA Elcom, Inc.
email - psherman_at_elcom.com

Author: Hamid Alavi
  INET: hamid.alavi_at_quovadx.com

Author: Sherman, Paul R.
  INET: PSherman_at_elcom.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 14:05:34 CDT