ORA-01722 Error after DBA changes

From: McGill, Wayne L <McGillWL_at_navair.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 08:13:33 -0800

I have been getting a "FRM-40735 WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01722" error. The button calls a procedure in the form. Whenever this happens, I open up the form in Developer, recompile it, generate a new .fmx file and everything works fine. In other words, no changes, just recompilling. Do you have any idea why this might be happening?

It seems to have started happening after I made some changes to the database. I was dropping and recreating some tables in order to change size parameters and also change privileges. Could this have had anything do with the ORA-1722 error?

Right now, I know the fix but I am curious why I have to recompile everything. This is with Developer 6i (6.0.8.10.3) and Oracle 7.3.4. but it also happens against my Oracle 8.1.6 test database.

When I asked this question to Oracle support, they replied that it was because by changing the database objects, the timestamp gets changed. But this does not make sense to me since these forms are not being stored in the database. It also seems to me that of the forms that are dependant of the tables that I changed, some have problems and others do not. Also, I suppose if this is true, I will have to recomplile all of my reports also. Anyone have hints or scripts that I might run to help me narrow down so that I do not have to recompile ALL forms and reports?

TIA, Wayne
McGillWL_at_navair.navy.mil

Author: McGill, Wayne L
  INET: McGillWL_at_navair.navy.mil

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 11:13:33 CDT