RE: rman

From: Mandal, Ashoke <ashoke.k.mandal_at_medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 07:18:25 -0800

Hi Fawzia,

It looks like the logs have been reset in the database. Either controlfile has been rebuilt or incomplete media recovery was done on the database.

My feeling is that at this point you need to reset the database and have new incarnation. Then you can change the incarnation to the old one and recover the database up to the point just before the resetlog was done.

You should be able to see the date from v$database when last time the resetlog was done on the database.

Good luck,
Ashoke

Author: Mandal, Ashoke
  INET: ashoke.k.mandal_at_medtronic.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 10:18:25 CDT