RE: Upgrade and it says it doesn't need it

From: YTTRI Lisa <lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 06:58:27 -0800

Unfortunately - this is what I'm having a problem with. I did install with OUI. The log files from that installation are in the "oraInventory" directory. Subsequently, I installed some client software (precompilers) on the machine. The oraInventory only shows the client installation, not the real server.

And.......I have confirmed - the oraInst.loc file does correctly point to the oraInventory directory.

It just looks as though the installer process didn't update the oraInventory correctly. Now I'm afraid I'm Screwed on the upgrade!

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com

Author: YTTRI  Lisa
  INET: lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com