Re[4]: Compressing Export Dumps

From: Sergey V Dolgov <dsv_at_pptus.oilnet.ru>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:33:17 -0800

Hello Simon,

I did such exports sequentially (using cron jobs) therefore i had no problems with it.
Try to look at locks maybe your sessions are blocking each other. Did you use parameter CONSISTENT=Y ?

Saturday, May 18, 2002, 6:03:18 PM, you wrote:

SW> Hi Sergey and all,
SW> Tried to impliment the on-the-fly gzip but some breakages!!
SW> I created 7 different pipes and 7 different export jobs.
SW> The first job run manually completed successfuly but all the
SW> croned jobs are stuck -the daemon fired them off but nothing is taking place!
SW> The Log files are empty and the zipped dumps are no where to be seen!
SW> A "ps -ef|grep exp" shows that the jobs are active. It's now coming to 10
SW> Hrs.
SW> Any known issues with multi-occurences of pipe-files/gzip etc ?

SW> Thanks

myinfo >>> myinfo.Z"

--

Best regards,

 Sergey                            mailto:dsv_at_pptus.oilnet.ru

Author: Sergey V Dolgov
  INET: dsv_at_pptus.oilnet.ru

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 00:33:17 CDT