Wait Event "PX Deq: Execution Msg"

From: Nancy McCormick <nmccormick_at_sbti.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:53:17 -0800

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with an elusive wait event called 'PX Deq: Execution Msg'. As you can see from the statspack "Top 5 Wait Events" this event accounts for almost 75% of the wait time. I have been looking in past Oracle-L posts, Google, Oracle FAQ, OTN, Metalink, Oracle manuals, etc. I can find almost nothing about this event. What I did find leads me to believe may be an idle event and that it is the second event 'PX Deq Credit: send blkd' that may be the more troublesome one. However I am still confused about both. Can someone help set me straight or tell me where there might be some more information about these 2 events?

Thanks,
Nancy

Top 5 Wait Events

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                             Wait     %
Total
Event                                               Waits  Time (cs)   Wt
Time
-------------------------------------------- ------------ ------------ -----
--
PX Deq: Execution Msg                              42,144    8,639,803
74.48

.27
db file parallel write 8,776 25,046
.22